Thursday, November 13, 2008

The WWE versus CMLL and AAA

The closest I wanna see WWE and Lucha Libre, Shelly Martinez and Vampiro

Well, the WWE has moved into Mexico and are ready to go up against Asistencia Asesoria y Administracion and Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre.
Last month WWE Smackdown's debuted on Azteca TV and was the most-watched TV program in prime time from Oct. 3 to 19.
The show drew a 9.0 rating and over 1.2 million TV households tuned in.
WWE Raw debuted on Sunday, Oct. 5 on Televisa to similar results.
I really hope this is a " Interest Factor", people watching WWE just to see what its all about, because I don't see how this would be good for Lucha Libre.
Of course Lucha's storylines are just as exaggerated as the WWE's, but Lucha in Mexico is tradition.
I'd hate to see CMLL and AAA go they way of ECW here in the US. Seeing WWE buy out the two big companies would just give you a watered down version of each.
I shudder to think of " WWE CMLL" or " WWE Friday Night AAA".
I know many of the WWE stars are wildly popular in Mexico and as long as WWE stays a separate entity things may be okay.
But I'd hate to see the memories of El Santo, Mil Máscaras or Blue Demon lumped in with the Billy Gunn and Chuck Palumbo affair, the Fake Kane or the Red Rooster someday.

No comments:

Popular Posts