The luchadores de lucha libre, past and present like Pimpinela Escarlata, Texano jr, Black Abyss, Juventud Guerrera, Gronda, Averno, El Apache and more.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
The WWE versus CMLL and AAA
Well, the WWE has moved into Mexico and are ready to go up against Asistencia Asesoria y Administracion and Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre.
Last month WWE Smackdown's debuted on Azteca TV and was the most-watched TV program in prime time from Oct. 3 to 19.
The show drew a 9.0 rating and over 1.2 million TV households tuned in.
WWE Raw debuted on Sunday, Oct. 5 on Televisa to similar results.
I really hope this is a " Interest Factor", people watching WWE just to see what its all about, because I don't see how this would be good for Lucha Libre.
Of course Lucha's storylines are just as exaggerated as the WWE's, but Lucha in Mexico is tradition.
I'd hate to see CMLL and AAA go they way of ECW here in the US. Seeing WWE buy out the two big companies would just give you a watered down version of each.
I shudder to think of " WWE CMLL" or " WWE Friday Night AAA".
I know many of the WWE stars are wildly popular in Mexico and as long as WWE stays a separate entity things may be okay.
But I'd hate to see the memories of El Santo, Mil Máscaras or Blue Demon lumped in with the Billy Gunn and Chuck Palumbo affair, the Fake Kane or the Red Rooster someday.
Labels:
aaa lucha,
blue demon,
cmll,
ecw,
el santo,
lucha,
lucha libre mexicana,
Mil Máscaras,
Santo,
smackdown,
wrestlers,
wrestling,
wwe,
wwe raw,
wwe smackdown,
wwe wrestling
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I have posted before here about the exóticos,(evidently in order to not make Google mad that's all I can say. I can't tell you what ...
-
I was kinda shocked to see that the two most popular luchadors on this blog last month were Pimpinela Escarlata and Polvo de Estrellas. It ...
-
Wrestler: Heavy Metal Real name Erick Francisco Casas Ruiz Name history Canelo Casas (debut - 92/05), Heavy Metal (92/05 - ) Family ...
-
Masked luchador Angel Azteca Jr. is not really the son of the original Angel Azteca, but he did get permission to use the name before the...
-
Not a lot is known about the masked luchador Gronda. I mean not a lot at all! We don’t know his real name, but we know when and where he...
-
José Julio Pacheco Hernández aka Pagano, is a Mexican luchador working for the Mexican AAA promotion. Besides lucha libre, Jose is also a M...
-
One of the reasons I like Lucha Libre so much is because of the really cool costumes and masks. Case in point, Super Fly . Super Fly was ...
-
Name Dr. Wagner Jr. Nicknames El Galeno del Mal (The Evil Doctor) / El Galeno del Bien (After he became Tecnico) Name history Dr. Wagner Jr....
-
Some more masked Luchadores! Aguila Solitaria Aguila Tapatia Águila de Plata For more Luchadores check this ou...
-
Height: 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m) Weight: 217 lb (98 kg) Birthday: January 9, 1968 Hometown: Torreón, Coahuila Trained by: Dr. Wagner & Gran Ma...

No comments:
Post a Comment